- Washington Middle School
Return to Headlines
Friday, January 18th:
- Thank you Broncos for showing your support for our weeks focus on ways to Be a Bestie and not a Bully here at WMS. By wearing your PJs today your agreeing to put bullying to sleep and not ruin some else's dreams. Today is our Point of View Assembly taking place in your 3rd period class. We hope it will be a valuable visual representation of our conversations about both learning to appreciate others points of view as well learning the importance of valuing your own point of view. Teachers please refer to your assembly schedule and share today's bell schedule with your students. Important Reminder teachers please listen for our announcements to release your students we will announce each groups release so it is staggered and orderly and to please escort your students to the auditorium for the assembly and listen closely for announcements regarding releasing rotations during assembly. Teachers we also have extra copies of today's optional closure activity in the staff mail box room.
- Attention 8th graders: Recruitment for AVID at the high school has begun! If you are an 8th grader NOT currently in AVID, and you would like to apply to AVID for high school, please come by the Counseling Office for an application THIS WEEK. Applications are due next Friday.
- Congratulations to this week’s A.R. Quiz Raffle winners-Ramon Saenz Aguilar, Elisa Rocha, Angel Juarez, and Joselyn Lozada! Come to room 22 to get your prizes. Students-keep taking A.R. quizzes for your chance to win next week!
- The Be Yourself Club is meeting today at lunch in Room 7. All students are welcome and we hope to see you there!
- What’s the funniest thing that has happened at WMS so far this year? Write it up on the new post on the Bronco Way in Google Classroom and your hilarious tale may be featured in this year’s yearbook! Everyone who submits a funny story by next Friday will be put in a drawing for a prize. So go ahead, and make us laugh!
- Are you interested in learning how to code, come to room 24 during lunch on Wednesday, January 23 to find out about the Computer Science Club!
- It’s time for the spelling bee. The Bee will take place during lunch beginning Tuesday 29 January and will continue until there is a winner. Ask for a study guide from your English teacher or come to room 64. Study, study, study!!
- WE CAN FLY!! Peter Pan scripts are here!!! Meet at lunch in room 64 to plan auditions. Anyone and Everyone Who loves theater, you are welcome, join us!!!
- Any student still needing a party ticket for after school today no worries just come to the student store after school today we will be selling. Due to our assembly we will not be selling at lunch.
- Congratulations to our fabulous 5 staff members a special thank you for all you do! Wms wouldn't be the same awesome place without you Ms stokes, Ms. BOulware, Ms satchel, Ms Outwater and Ms. Mulin
- Congratulations to the 7&8th grade girls and boys basketball teams in their wins over Gavilan View last night. GO BRONCOS!
- Students-don’t forget to read over this 3-day weekend! If you reach 28% of your A.R. goal by next Wednesday, you will earn a Free Dress Day next Friday.
- Science Club competes today at lunch. Last competition! Robotics starts on Thursday at lunch.