1. Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extracurricular activities. Eligilbility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibilty will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents he eligibility requirements to participate on sports teams at El Sausal Middle School.
- Academic - students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 "F"
- Citizenship - students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
2. In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and sign the contract.
3. Each student must also complete an eligilbility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Steven Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
1. Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all El Sausal Middle School sports for 2018-2019 beginning on August 1, 2018. Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2018-2019 school year.
- For step by step instructions, click over the Athletic Forms sections.
2. Sports physicals will be a recommendation this year at the Middle School level and they may be required next year in the Fall of 2019. Physicals must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form.
- Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty, Please take our physical form with you.
3. Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) Doors close promptly at 7:00 p.m
Forms Needed Per Season
1. Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Textbook, and Finance Office.
2. Last page from athleticclearance.com with parent and athlete signature