- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at Washington Middle School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing for two years of Middle School along with a parent and to complete and
sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Sports physicals are highly recommended at the Middle School level. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form.
- Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty. Please take our physical form with you.
- Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) Meetings begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- (Fall Sports) August 26, 2021 Washington Middle school at 6:30 pm
- (Winter Sports) October 28, 2021 Washington Middle school at 6:30 p.m.
- (Spring Sports) February 3, 2022 Washington Middle school at 6:30 p.m.