- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at Washington Middle School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and
sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Washington Middle School sports, for 2018-19 beginning on August 1, 2018. Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2018-2019 school year.
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Sports physicals will be a recommendation this year at the Middle School level and they may be required next year in the Fall of 2019 . Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form.
- Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty. Please take our physical form with you.
- Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) Doors close promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- (Fall Sports) August 23, 2018 Washington Middle school at 7:00 pm
- (Winter Sports) November 1, 2018 Washington Middle school at 7:00 p.m.
- (Spring Sports) February 7, 2019 Washington Middle school at 7:00 p.m.
Forms Needed Per Season
- Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance office.
- Last page from athleticclearance.comwith parent and athlete signature