Location and Hours
The North Salinas High School Career Center is located directly off of Alvin in room 780, and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Drop In Availability
Students, parents, and guardians are welcome to drop in and see Dr. Preble or Mrs. Anaya during the following times:
- Before school
- After school
- During lunch
The Career Center provides work permits to qualified students. Please allow 4 days to process work permit requests. Qualifications include:
- Full-time enrollment
- 85% attendance percentage
- 2.0 GPA (grade point average)
- Must be 16
The Salinas Union High School District has a 60 hour community service requirement. Students should complete 15 hours of community service beginning freshman year.
To earn credit community service:
- Must be pre-approved by the Community Service Coordinator
- Cannot be done during the school day
- Must be for or through a non-profit organization
- Must be recorded on the appropriate Community Service Contract Form
Please note that students must complete their community service hours in at least two different categories. Only 20 hours may count towards the School Related category and only 10 hours may count towards a Job Shadow (please print and complete the attached form to earn credits).
Community Service Opportunities