Guidance and Counseling
Counseling Department Description:
The counseling department at El Puente School provides support services in the 3 domains of counseling.
- Academic: Guide students through academic options.
- Course planning
- College Testing
- Schedule modifications
- Assistance with 504 implementations
- Assistance with concurrent enrollment opportunities
- Partnership with Hartnell Community College on Steps to Success (admissions, orientation, financial aid, assessment, Panther Day)
- Partnership with Gear-Up Program and services to El Puente students graduating in 2019 and 2020.
- Personal/Social: Counseling staff to provide access to resource in school and out of school.
- Individual Counseling: assistance provided to students who need help to overcome social/personal problems that interfere with learning.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Sunrise House counseling services and referrals
- School psychologist referrals
- Mental Health therapist referrals
- Career: Counselors promote career awareness and opportunities.
- ROP course offerings
- Work experience/ Co-op referrals
- Post-secondary and career planning
- Career Expo
ACT : http://www.act.org/SAT/PSAT : https://www.collegeboard.org/Resource:
CaliforniaColleges.edu (excellent resource for career planning, college admissions, high school planning, online portfolio, and exploration)Applying to 2-year Colleges:Applying to 4-year Colleges:California State Universities (CSU's): http://csumentor.edu/University of California (UC's): http://admission.
Application for financial aid: https://fafsa.ed.gov/Web Grants, Cal Grants, Dream Act: http://www.csac.ca.gov/