El Puente School: Online Academy
Sample Course Offerings:
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies (World History, US History, Government and Economics)
- Career and Technical Education
- World Languages
- College and Career Readiness
EPS Online Academy uses PLATO Courseware through Edmentum that aligns with District approved courses within the SUHSD High School Course Manual: https://www.edmentum.com/course-catalog
Grade Levels 9-12
Alignd to California State Standards
Aligned to NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
All students continue to have full access to district services.
All classes within the El Puente School Online Academy are in an Independent Study format and A-G compliant, allowing students to apply to a four-year college.
A great option for:
- students who can't physically attend school, but still need to complete coursework
- students who wish to fast-track or be provided enrichment through high school
- students who are concurrently enrolled at a college or technical/vocational program, have a job, or simply can't be physically in attendance can add an online course to their schedule within their current school
Customizable solution to fit all learning Environments:
- Extend learning beyond the traditional classroom for first-time credit
- Remediate skills and recovery credits for students to stay on track for graduation
- Supplement full-semester courses with expanded course offerings
- Facilitate student success in intervention programming
Encourage career exploration through career and technical education The amount of credits to graduate and required coursework is the same as the comprehensive high schools: 220 credits.
Online Academy Brochure