SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL 2019-2020
El Puente School Site Council meeting dates
(tenative meeting schedule is the second Thursday of each month)
Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10 agenda
Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10
Thursday, February 13, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10
Thursday, March 12, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10
Thursday, April 16, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10
Thursday, May 14, 2019 at 2:15pm, room V10
School Site Council 2019-2020
2019-2020 School Site Council Election Results
Ana Wilkes (Alternate)
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL 2018-2019
El Puente School Site Council 2018-2019 meeting dates:
Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 2:15 pm in V-10 Agenda Minutes
School Site Council Meetings are open meetings; all parents welcome!
El Puente School Site Council Members 2018-2020
John R. Leonard, SSC vice chairperson
Classified Staff Members
Tina Forster, SSC secretary
William Wagener, SSC chairperson
Destini Godinez Romero
Salinas Union High School District
El Puente School
School Site Council Bylaws
Duties of the School Site Council
The school site council of El Puente School, hereinafter referred to as the school site council, shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval, whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually, (and at each semester, trimester, etc), evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the school site council by the district governing board and by state law.
Section A: Composition
The school site council shall be composed of 8 members, selected by their peers as follows:
- 2 Classroom teachers
- 1 Other staff member
- 2 Parents or community members
- 2 Students
- 1 School Principal.
Section B: Term of Office
School site council members shall be elected for 2 year terms. Elections will be conducted in the fall of each year. At the first regular meeting of the school site council, each member’s current term of office shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
Section C: Voting Rights
Each member is entitled to one vote and may cast that vote on any matter submitted to a vote of the school site council. Absentee ballots shall not be permitted.
Section D: Termination of Membership
The school site council may, by an affirmative vote of two-thirds of all its members, suspend or expel a member. Any elected member may terminate his or her membership by submitting a written letter of resignation to the school site council president.
Section E: Transfer of Membership
Membership on the school site council may not be assigned or transferred.
Section F: Vacancy
Any vacancy on the school site council occurring during the term of a duly elected member shall be filled by appointment of the school site council for the period of time until the next regular election.
Section A: Officers
The officers of the school site council shall be a president, vice-president, secretary, and other officers the school site council may deem desirable.
The president shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the school site council.
- Sign all letters, reports and other communications of the school site council.
- Perform all duties incident to the office of the president.
- Have other such duties as are prescribed by the school site council.
The vice-president shall:
- Represent the president in assigned duties.
- Substitute for the president in his or her absence.
The secretary shall:
- Keep minutes of all regular and special meetings of the site council.
- Transmit true and correct copies of the minutes of such meetings to members of the school site council and to the following other persons: Assistant Principal/Assistant Director of Alternative Education.
- Provide all notices in accordance with these bylaws.
- Be custodian of the records of the school site council.
- Keep a register of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each member of the school site council, the chairpersons of school advisory committees, and others with whom the school site council has regular dealings, as furnished by those persons.
- Perform other such duties as are assigned by the president of the school site council.
Section B: Election and Terms of Office
The officers shall be elected annually at the first meeting of the school site council and shall serve for one year, or until each successor has been elected.
Section C: Removal of Officers
Officers may be removed from office by a two-thirds vote of all the members.
Section D: Vacancy
A vacancy in any office shall be filled at the earliest opportunity by a special election of the school site council, for the remaining portion of the term of office.
Section A: Subcommittees
The school site council may establish and abolish subcommittees of its own membership to perform duties as shall be prescribed by the school site council. Subcommittee shall be comprised of no less than 3 members At least one member representing school staff and one member representing parents shall make up the subcommittee. No subcommittee may exercise the authority of the school site council.
Section B: Other Standing and Special Committees
The school site council may establish and abolish standing or special committees with such composition and to perform such duties as shall be prescribed by the school site council. At least one member representing school staff and one member representing parents shall make up the subcommittee. No such committee may exercise the authority of the school site council.
Section C: Membership
Unless otherwise determined by the school site council, the school site president shall appoint members of standing or special committees. A vacancy on a committee shall be filled by appointment made by the president.
Section D: Terms of Office
The school site council shall determine the terms of office for members of a committee.
Section E: Rules
Each committee may adopt rules for its own government not inconsistent with these bylaws or rules adopted by the school site council, or policies of the district governing board.
Section F: Quorum
A simple majority (50%+1=6) of the members of the committee shall constitute a quorum, unless otherwise determined by the school site council. The act of a majority of the members present shall be the act of the committee, provided a quorum is in attendance.
Meetings of the School Site Council
Section A: Meetings
The school site council shall meet regularly on the Second Tuesday of each month. Special meetings of the school site council may be called by the president or by a majority vote of the school site council.
Section B: Place of Meetings
The school site council shall hold its regular meetings at a facility provided by the school, unless such a facility accessible to the public, including handicapped persons, is unavailable. Alternate meeting places may be determined by the president or by majority vote of the school site council.
Section C: Notice of Meetings
Written public notice shall be given of all meetings at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Changes in the established date, time or location shall be given special notice. All meetings shall be publicized in the following venues: website, school bulletin board and newsletter.
All required notices shall be delivered to school site council and committee members no less than 72 hours, personally or by mail (or by e-mail).
Section D: Quorum
The act of a simple majority (50%+1) of the members present shall be the act of the school site council, provided a quorum is in attendance, and no decision may otherwise be attributed to the school site council. A simple majority (50%+1) of the members of the school site council shall constitute quorum.
Section E: Conduct of Meetings
Meetings of the school site council shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of order established by Education Code 3147(c), and with Robert’s Rules of Order or an adaptation thereof approved by the school site council.
Section F: Meetings Open to the Public
All meetings of the school site council, and of committees established by the school site council, shall be open to the public. Notice of such meetings shall be provided in accordance with Section C of this article.
An amendment of these bylaws may be many at any regular meeting of the school site council by a vote of two-thirds of the members present. Written notice of the proposed amendment must be submitted to school site council members at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at which the amendment is to be considered for adoption.