Welcome to Community Human Services
SUBSTANCE USE PREVENTION PROGRAM
Substance Use Prevention Program is a school-based counseling program for students. The program aims to provide socio-emotional support to students and to address and identify substance use and abuse issues. This program focuses on substance use prevention and education, anger management techniques, and provides additional support to all participants.
- Individual and group counseling
- Consultation with parents/teacher/school staff
- Student and parent presentations (as requested)
- Information and referrals
- YATV (Youth Alternative to Violence program)
- Alcohol Awareness Prevention Team (A.D.A.P.T.), a student-centered approach to substance use prevention club
- The Seven Challenges drug intervention program
There is no cost to students and families.
Since 1969, CHS has provided professional, affordable mental health and substance abuse counseling and recovery services to the residents of Monterey County. Our services focus on the entire family, with programs for people of all ages.