Alisal's Engineering Academy
A dynamic Engineering Program that provides students with real-world learning and hands-on Engineering skills.
We are a:
- California Partnership Academy with: "our focus on careers in technology"
- A three-year program
- Grades 10 through 12 with a freshman survey course
- Structured as a school within a school
- Emphasis is placed on student achievement
- A close family-like atmosphere
- Integrates an academic and career technical education
- Establishes viable local busniss partnerships
- Emphasizes need for good grades
- Community Service
- Out-of-school real world experiences
- Paid and unpaid summer internships at major colleges and universities
- College credit
- Opportunites for scholarships
- Prepares student to apply for colleges and univeristies
Engineering Academy Photos (click here)
Introductory to Engineering Design (click for more info)
Freshman Survey Course that gives students an opportunity to find out if Engineering is a career they would interested in. They can elect to remain as an official member of the Engineering Academy in their sophomore year.
Principals of Engineering (click for more info)
This course designed for sophomores exposes students to the major concepts they will encounter in a college engineering course. Developing problem solving skills and apply the knowledge of research and design solutions to various challenges, documenting their work.
Digital Electronics (click for more info)
Digital Electronics is the study of circuits that are used to process and control digital signals. Digital electronics is the foundation of all modern electronic devices.
Engineering Design & Development (click for more info)
Engineering Design and Development (EDD) a senior course, is the capstone course in the Engineering Academy. It is an engineering research course in which students work in teams to design and develop an original solution to a valid open-ended technical problem by applying the engineering process. This course applies and develops secondary level knowledge and skills in the mathematics, science, and technology.
For more information contact Jennifer Westerbeck