ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUING FALL ATHLETES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SECOND SEMESTER REPORT CARDS.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible at the end of the 2ND semester will remain ineligible for the first quarter of this school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sports' teams at Salinas High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "UN" to remain eligible
- For the 2020-2021 school year, no student that is ineligible will be allowed to sign a contract.
- Each student must register on athleticclearance.com and fill out information on medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Salinas High School sports. Site opens June 1, 2020.
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Impact Base Line testing must be done every two years. All incoming freshmen student athletes (Class of 2024), Juniors (class of 2022), and students/athletes new to Salinas High School will need to take the ImPact test. Contact Coach Hunsdorfer for the link to IMPACT Testing.
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. On campus physicals will not be offered during the Summer due to the COVID-19 virus. If you are playing a Fall Sport, it is important to get your physical scheduled early as the Doctors offices will more than likely be busy.
- Physicals are available at Balance Physical Therapy for $25. Call 422-4782 to schedule an appointment. Please take our physical form with you
- Free Physicals are avaiable at either MLK Family Resource Center or Alisal Family Resource Center
- Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty. Please take our physical form with you.
- Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) YOU ONLY NEED TO ATTEND THIS MEETING ONE TIME DURING HIGH SCHOOL. THERE ARE NO EXTRACURRICULAR CONTRACTS ALLOWED FOR THE 2020-2021 YEAR.
Forms Needed every season for each sport
- Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance office.
- Last page from athleticclearance.com with parent and athlete signature