- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at Salinas High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Salinas High School sports. You must print out the last page and bring it in when you register for a new sport. First day of Spring Sports is January 28, 2019
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Impact Base Line testing must be done every two years. All incoming freshmen student athletes (Class of 2022) and Juniors (class of 2020) will need to take the ImPact test here at the school. Also all student-athletes new to Salinas High. Use the following link to sign up- Impact testing sign-ups FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE WALK-INS ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 25 AT 4:30 IN ROOM 117
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. On campus physcial are offerd but have limited space please check the below link. I have not been able to set up any as of August 20th.
- Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting)
- Thursday, January 10 at Alisal High School. Doors close at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 15 at North Salinas High School. Doors close at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 15 at Alvarez. Doors close at 7:00 pm
- Thursday, January 17 at Salinas High. PAC Doors close at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 22 at Salinas High School. PAC Doors close at 7:00 pm
- Monday, January 28 at Alisal High School Gym. Doors close at 7:00 pm. You will miss the first day of practice.
Forms Needed Per Season
- Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance office.
- Last page from athleticclearance.com with parent and athlete signature