- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at Salinas High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Drug and Alcohol Free Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Salinas High School sports, including Cheerleading, for 2017-2018 beginning on June 1, 2017. Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2017-2018 school year.
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Impact Base Line testing must be done every two years. Sign-up now.
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. On campus physcial are offerd but have limited space please check the below link.
- Drug and Alcohol Free Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting)
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 at Alisal HS. Doors open at 6:30 pm and close at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at Salinas HS in PAC. Doors open at 6:30 pm and close at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at North Salinas HS. Doors open at 6:30 pm and close at 7:00 pm
- Monday, October 30 all 4 high schools. Doors open at 6:30 pm and close at 7:00 pm
Forms Needed Per Season
- Signature Sheet with Athletic Directors Signature showing proof of academic and citizenship eligibility