ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUING WINTER ATHLETES AND SPRING ATHLETES WILL BE DETERMINED BY FIRST SEMESTER REPORT CARDS.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible at the end of the first (1st) semester will remain ineligible for the third quarter of this school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sports' teams at Salinas High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "UN" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing in their high school career along with a parent and complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must register on athleticclearance.com and fill out information on medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Salinas High School sports. Site opens June 1, 2019. You must print out the last page and bring it in when you register for a new sport. First day of Winter Sports is November 4.
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Impact Base Line testing must be done every two years. All incoming freshmen student athletes (Class of 2023) and Juniors (class of 2021) will need to take the ImPact test here at the school. Also all student-athletes new to Salinas High. Use the following link to sign up- Impact testing sign-ups Other testing dates will be after school starts.
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. On campus physcial are offerd but have limited space please check the below link. I have not been able to set up any as of January 1
- Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) NEW THIS YEAR - ONE TIME ONLY IN HIGH SCHOOL. If you did one during the 2018-19 school year, it is good for the remainder of your high school career.
- Tuesday, January 21 EAHS main gym 7 pm
- Wednesday, January 22 AHS main gym 7 pm
- Thursday, January 23 SHS Cafeteria 7 pm
- Tuesday, January 28 RSJ main gym 7 pm
- Wednesday, January 29 NSH main gym 7 pm
Forms Needed every season for each sport
- Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance office.
- Last page from athleticclearance.com with parent and athlete signature