Welcome to SHS Athletics
At Salinas High School, we have various sports that we offer throughout the school year. Each student must meet all of the eligibility requirements prior to participating.
- Fall Sports: Football, Girls' Volleyball, Girls' Golf, Boys' and Girls' Cross Country, Boys' and Girls' Water Polo, Girls' Tennis, Field Hockey
- Winter Sports: Boys' and Girls' Basketball, Boys' and Girls' Soccer, Boys' and Girls' Wrestling
- Spring Sports: Boys' and Girls' Track & Field, Boys' and Girls' Swimming & Diving, Boys' Golf, Boys' Tennis, Boys' and Girls' Lacrosse, Boys' Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Boys' and Girls' Mountain Biking (non CIF sport)
Sportsmanship is our #1 priority at Salinas High School. We follow the six pillars of good character which include:
Our coaches and student-athletes will respect the integrity and judgment of all officials. We expect the fans to do the same. Cheer positively for your team and acknowledge special plays for both teams. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and respecting the game!
ELIGIBILITY FOR FALL ATHLETES WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE GRADES ON THE SECOND SEMESTER REPORT CARD.
Extracurricular Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting) NEW THIS YEAR - ONE TIME ONLY IN HIGH SCHOOL. If you did one during the 2018-19 school year, it is good for the remainder of your high school career.
Last one for fall season
- Wednesday, August 7 Alisal High School. Doors close at 7:00 pm
Friday night's game is going to be huge! All of the Salinas fans will be there, and you can be one of them.
It's game week! Now is the time to get your Salinas tickets.
By purchasing your tickets now, you can take this task off your to-do list, not have to worry about it later in the week and skip the ticket line on game night.
Buy Tickets Now
Reoccurring: If you can't make it to the Varsity Football games on Friday nights, you can follow us on Powertalk Radio 1460 AM or stream the game live at Go Cowboys!!!! Stream Live now.
2019 FALL SCHEDULES
DATE SHOWS LATEST CHANGE
- Cross Country 8/20
- Field Hockey 8/22
- Football 8/21
- Girls' Golf 8/22
- Girls' Tennis 8/20
- Girls' Volleyball 8/16
- Water Polo - Boys' 8/16
- Water Polo - Girls' 8/20
- SAT Test Dates ACT Test Dates
- October 5, 2019 September 14, 2019
- November 2, 2019 October 26, 2019
- December 7, 2019 December 14, 2019
- March 14, 2020 February 8, 2020
- May 2, 2020 April 4, 2020
- June 6, 2020 June 13, 2020
Born and raised in Salinas, I am a 1976 graduate of Salinas High School. I attended Monterey Peninsula College and Cal Poly SLO, swimming for both schools. I received my credential in Physical Education and returned to Salinas. After teaching for 20 years at San Benancio Middle School, I had the opportunity to come home to SHS as a teacher and aquatics coach. For the past six years, I have been the athletic director here at SHS.
Patty Lamar - Athletic Director
831.796-7400 ext. 2912