The Salinas High School Counseling Department is dedicated to helping all students to develop personal, academic and career skills in a safe environment. School counselors will facilitate the support systems that assist students in attaining the knowledge and skills to be self-sufficient and contributing members of our global society.
- Guide individuals and groups of students in the monitoring and managing of their academic, personal/social and career goals, including post-secondary planning.
- Collaborate with faculty about academic, personal/social and career development activities.
- Coordinate parent participation in educational and support services.
- Use an effective referral process to help students, families and others to access special programs and community services.
- Conference with parents, faculty, administrators, and other individuals to enhance student achievement.
- Network and maintain up-to-date resources regarding post-secondary and career institutions.
Counselors serve students in grades 9-12 and students are assigned to a counselor’s caseload by the first letter of their last name as well as by student enrollment in specialized programs. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you!
If your student is applying to a UC the counselors recommend to use this statement below in the additional comments area.
The Salinas Union High School District offers students 48 semester courses in 4 years. Of these, 4 are non A-G courses that are required for graduation. Therefore, the maximum number of A-G semesters a student may enroll in is 44.
AP Info 2023-24
Hartnell Concurrent Enrollment Steps
NCAA Updated Standardized Test Policy (Read More)
831-796-7400 ext. 2921
Kristin McCullough (A) AVID
831-796-7400 ext. 2926
Leslie Bowling (B-Ce) FAST
831-796-7400 ext. 2922
Christina Peña-Macias (Cervantes-Garcia)
831-796-7400 ext. 2927
Noemi Bobadilla (Gard-K)
831-796-7400 ext. 2924
Orlando Jauregui (Lam-Mejia) GREEN
831-796-7400 ext. 2925
831-796-7400 ext. 2940
Elvia Guzman (Ram-Sanchez) ELD1-ELD2
831-796-7400 ext. 2923
Veronica Gonzalez (Sandoval-Z)
831-796-7400 ext. 3056
Janet MartinezAngeles (ROP Counselor)
831-796-7400 ext. 2946