Welcome to SHS Counseling
Attention Graduating Seniors
Diploma and official transcripts will be ready to pick up on June 23. Don't forget to mail your official transcripts to the college you are going to be attending in the fall.
Summer Counseling messageCounselors will be out of the office for the summer and will respond to emails when we return. Please email Michele Farley regarding summer school. If you need immediate assistance, email Mrs Rede, counselor secretary, at email@example.com.Thank you!
Hartnell 2020 Summer Classes
If you are interested in taking a class at Hartnell you must follow the steps in the concurrent enrollment form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday May 29th.
Below is a PDF of the Summer classes they are offering and the concurrent enrollment form.
The Salinas High School Counseling Department is dedicated to helping all students to develop personal, academic and career skills in a safe environment. School counselors will facilitate the support systems that assist students in attaining the knowledge and skills to be self-sufficient and contributing members of our global society.
- Guide individual and groups of students in the monitoring and managing of their academic, personal/social and career goals, including post-secondary planning.
- Collaborate with faculty about academic, personal/social and career development activities.
- Coordinate parent participation in educational and support services.
- Use an effective referral process to help students, families and others to access special programs and community services.
- Conference with parents, faculty, administrators, and other individuals to enhance student achievement.
- Network and maintain up-to-date resources regarding post-secondary and career institutions.
Counselors serve students in grades 9-12 and students are assigned to a counselor’s caseload by the first letter of their last name as well as by student enrollment in specialized programs. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you!
If your student is applying to a UC the counselors recommend to use this statement below in the additional comments area.
The Salinas Union High School District offers students 48 semester courses in 4 years. Of these, 8 are non A-G courses that are required for graduation. Therefore, the maximum number of A-G semesters a student may enroll in is 40.
831-796-7400 ext. 2921
Christina Peña-Macias (Esq-Lem)
831-796-7400 ext. 2927
Leslie Bowling (Br-Esp) FAST
831-796-7400 ext. 2922
Elvia Guzman (Mu-Rom)
831-796-7400 ext. 2923
Barbara Hobson (Len-Mo) GREEN
831-796-7400 ext. 2923
Art Hundorfer (Rud-Z)
831-796-7400 ext. 2925
Kristin McCullough (A-Bo) AVID
831-796-7400 ext. 2926
Orlando Jauregui (Special Case Load)
831-796-7400 ext. 2940