School Visits Guidelines
How to access school services during distance learning:
- Please do not come to campus if you are not feeling well, are supposed to be quarantined, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Please wear a mask when interacting with our school personnel. If you enter our school your temperature will be taken and health check questions will need to be answered.
- Office hours are held each day 1:30-3:00 PM each day the school is open. Please come to the Attendance door if the matter concerns registration or attendance. All other services such as technology help, textbooks and supply pickup will be at the Cathedral door in our staff parking lot. Return of district owned property such as library books, textbooks and Chromebooks may be handled at the Cathedral doors as well.
- Lunch is served in our staff parking lot each student school day, 12-3 PM.
- Currently our school is not open to visitors other than scheduled drive throughs to pick up materials or athletic conditioning.
- Please call or email staff as needed. Our contact information is listed under the “Staff Directory” tab.
Thank you for helping us keep Salinas High School a safe place to learn and work!
How to successfully interact with the school:
- PARKING: We have several visitor parking spots in the parking lot on Geil Street. If those visitor spots are occupied, do not park anywhere else in this lot. The remainder of the lot is reserved for staff and handicap parking. Parking in these restricted areas may result in a parking ticket or the vehicle being towed.
- LEAVING SCHOOL: If you need to get your student out of school, it is much easier if you contact the attendance office in advance. For medical appointments we request that you contact the school prior to 8:00 am on the day of the appointment. Students returning from school must provide a written doctors note to verify the absence. Attendance phone: (831) 796-7400 ext.2916.
- DELIVERIES: We understand that students may forget things at home that they need for the day. To support our students, we take deliveries in the main office. The deliveries are restricted to items that are school related, i.e. homework, presentations, PE clothing, etc. We do not take delivery of money, balloons, flowers, or food.
- COUNSELING: Our counselors are very supportive of our students and are always available to meet with parents. If you would like to meet with your student’s counselor, we request that you contact the counseling office to schedule an appointment.
- VISITATION: We understand and encourage parent visitation during the school day. To help us keep our students safe from intruders, if you come onto campus during the school day you must check in at the Security Desk to receive a visitors pass. Whether it is to visit your child or pay for a school activity, you must check-in. Failure to do may result in you being asked to leave campus.
Elizabeth (Libby) Duethman
726 S. Main Street
Salinas, CA 93901