Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the second(2nd) semester will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following requirements are needed to be eligible to participate on sport's teams at North Salinas High School.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract Signing each year along with a parent to complete and sign the contract.
Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. To purchase insurance through Myers, Stevens & Tohey. Please print out the confimation page and bring to the school for clearance. OR you can obtain the order form from the school with Ms. Patty Espinosa.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually--ALL STUDENTS must do every year!
Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website AFTER JUNE 1 to register for all North Salinas High School sports, including Cheerleading, for 2018-2019. Students must update their Athletic Clearance account every year!!!Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2018-2019 school year.
- For step by step instructions, click over to the Athletic Forms section.
- Impact Base Line testing must be done every two years.
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. You can also visit Cater Chiropractic at the corner of Laurel and Main Street (449-2225) for a sports physical.
- Extracurricular Contract Signing (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting)
Forms Needed Per Season