The Purpose of the Migrant Education Program is to:
- Ensure that migrant students have the opportunity to meet the same challenging state content and performance standards that all students are expected to meet.
- Support high-quality and comprehensive educational programs for migratory students to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves.
- Ensure that migrant students are provided with appropriate educational services (including supportive services) that address their special needs in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Design programs to help migrant students overcome educational disruption, cultural and language barriers, social isolation, various health-related problems, and other factors that inhibit the ability of children to do well in school. The program should help prepare students to make a successful transition to postsecondary education or employment.
Academic Student Services Include:
- Supplemental counseling: monitoring of grades, credit evaluations and referrals to remediation programs
- Individual learning plans to inform parents of their child's needs and recommendations for academic and support services
- Writing & English Language Development (Rosetta Stone Advantage) Academies
- Cyber High for credit accrual and recovery
- Educational trips and university visits
- Career/ vocational and college awareness
- College Readiness, (e.g. financial aid and scholarship applications)
- Speech and Debate Academy and Tournaments
- School materials and supplies
Migrant Education Program-- English
Migrant Education Program-- Spanish
Migrant Community Liason
831-796-7500 ext. 2632
Migrant Resource Counselor
831-796-7500 ext. 2634