Welcome to NSHS Counseling
The North Salinas High School Counseling Department is dedicated to helping all students to develop personal, academic and career skills in a safe environment. School counselors will facilitate the support systems that assist students in attaining the knowledge and skills to be self-sufficient and contributing members of our global society.
- Guide individual and groups of students in the monitoring and managing of their academic, personal/social and career goals, including post-secondary planning.
- Collaborate with faculty about academic, personal/social and career development activities.
- Coordinate parent participation in educational and support services.
- Use an effective referral process to help students, families and others to access special programs and community services.
- Conference with parents, faculty, administrators, and other individuals to enhance student achievement.
- Network and maintain up-to-date resources regarding post-secondary and career institutions.
Counselors serve students in grades 9-12 and students are assigned to a counselor’s caseload by the first letter of their last name as well as by student enrollment in specialized programs. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you to all of our families who attended our parent nights on 8/29, 9/6, 10/2, and 10/9!
January - February- Pre-Registration for 2019-2020 : Presentations and One-on-One Meetings
2/6- SAT & ACT Registration Workshop; from 3:15 pm - 4:30 pm, Location: TBD
TBD- Hartnell Concurrent Enrollment Workshop for Summer 2019
2/23- Final Push for Race to Submit / FAFSA Completion Workshop; from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Location: TBD
5/23- Last Day of Spring Semester
831-796-7500 ext. 2617
831-796-7500 ext. 2737
9th & 11th Grade Counselor A-F & AVID & 12th T, U, Z
831-796-7500 ext. 2614
9th & 11th G-N & 10th & 12th AVID & 12th S
831-796-7500 ext. 2741
9th & 11th O-Z & 5th Year & 12th V, W, Y
831-796-7500 ext. 2615
10th A-L & 12th A-Gonzalez & R
831-796-7500 ext. 2613
10th M-Z & 12th Guevara-Rocha
831-796-7500 ext. 2616
Health Academy & ELD
831-796-7500 ext. 2611
SDC & Transition
831-796-7500 ext. 2707
PBIS Tier I
831-796-7500 ext. 2738
PBIS Tier II & III
831-796-7500 ext. 2612