- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at La Paz.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract Signing each year along with a parent to complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. To purchase insurance through Myers, Stevens & Tohey. Please print out the confimation page and bring to the school for clearance. OR you can obtain the order form from the school with Ms. Patty Espinosa.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually--ALL STUDENTS must do every year!
- Extracurricular Contract Signing Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting). Please try to attend your schools meeting to reduce overcrowding but you may attend any of the below meetings. Doors open at 6:30 pm and will close promptly at 7:00 pm.
- Monday, August 20, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Harden Middle School
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at La Paz Middle School
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at El Sausal Middle School
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Washington Middle School
Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website AFTER JULY 1 to register for all La Paz Middle School sports, for 2018-2019. Students must update their Athletic Clearance account every year!!! Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2018-2019 school year.
- A physical must be done every 12 monhts. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form.
Forms Needed Per Season
- Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance office.
- Last page from the Athletic Clearance Website with parent and athlete signature. this is the Athletic Consent Form needed for every sports season played at La Paz Middle School.