- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at La Paz.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Drug and Alcohol Free Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Form Needed Annually
- Drug and Alcohol Free Contract Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting). Please try to attend your schools meeting to reduce overcrowding but you may attend any of the below meetings. Doors open at 6:30 pm and will close promptly at 7:00 pm.
- Monday, February 5, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Harden Middle School
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at La Paz Middle School
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at El Sausal Middle School
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Washington Middle School
Forms Needed Per Season
- Emergency Card with Athletic Directors Signature showing proof of academic and citizenship eligibility (Emergency Cards can be picked up in the office)