- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at La Paz.
ELIGIBILITY FOR FALL ATHLETES WILL BE DETERMINED BY FOURTH QUARTER REPORT CARDS.
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "NU" to remain eligible
- In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract Signing each year along with a parent to complete and sign the contract.
- Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. To purchase insurance through Myers, Stevens & Tohey. Please print out the confimation page and bring to the school for clearance. OR you can obtain the order form from our school nurse Julie Gonzalez.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Steps Needed Annually--ALL STUDENTS must do every year!
- Extracurricular Contract Signing Meeting (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting). Each student athlete only has to attend this meeting one time during their middle school athletic career. Example: If you attended this meeting last year as a 7th grader you don't have to attend the meeting this year. Please try to attend your schools meeting to reduce overcrowding but you may attend any of the below meetings. Doors open at 6:30 pm and will close promptly at 7:00 pm. (Must have student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting)
- MEETING DATES WILL BE POSTED ONCE WE HAVE THEM
Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website AFTER July 1, 2020 to register for all La Paz Middle School sports, for 2020-2021. Students must update their Athletic Clearance account every year!!! Please click on all sports your student is interested in participating for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Sports physicals will be a recommendation but not required at the Middle School level.
Forms Needed Per Season
- Student Signature Sheet with signatures from Library and Textbook room.
- You will need to print out the Confirmation Message which is the last page from the Athletic Clearance Website. The parent and student will need to sign and date this form and turn it in to the Athletic Director. Make sure the form you are signing is for the sport you are playing this season.