AVID ~ Advancement Via Individual Determination
What is AVID?
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is an internationally recognized program designed to prepare students for success in colleges and universities. AVID students enroll in college preparatory classes and an AVID elective class.
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students, especially the least served students in the middle capable of completing a college path will:
- Succeed in rigorous curriculum of school
- Entering the mainstream activities of school
- Increase their enrollment in 4-year universities
- Become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society
Who can be in AVID?
Students in AVID are most often historically underrepresented students in 4-year colleges (ethnic minority and/ or low income and/ or first generation college and/ or special circumstances) who:
The AVID "Profile"
- want to be in the program
- have the potential and the desire to go to college
- are serious about succeeding in school
- possess individual determination and a sense of responsibility
- have a 2.0-4.0 G.P.A.
- have a good attendance
- have a good behavior record
- have average to high standardized test scores
Requires teacher approval
For more information, contact your school counselor.
A - Gomez
Gonzalez - Ortiz
Osorio - Z
ESMS AVID Application 2022-2023
Teacher Recommendation Section
AVID Coordinator- Mrs. Cortez