WELCOME TO SALINAS HIGH SCHOOL!!
It is our hope that your four year experience at Salinas High School is a positive one that will leave lasting memories. What makes Salinas High School a great place to attend high school is that there is something for everyone. We applaud you for getting involved. In order to make the process of playing sports at Salinas High School as memorable as possible, we ask that you read through all of the information below with your parents and let us know if you have any questions.
We will have Summer workouts! Please check the Summer workout page for more information. We will begin Summer workouts on June 7 for certain sports.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUING FALL ATHLETES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SECOND SEMESTER REPORT CARDS.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible at the end of the previous school year will remain ineligible for the first quarter of the current school year unless the student attends Summer school and makes up the grades that are keeping the GPA under 2.0. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sports' teams at Salinas High School:
- Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
- Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "UN" to remain eligible
- For the 2020-2021 school year, no student that was ineligible was allowed to sign a contract. There has been no word if eligibility contracts will be restored for the 2021-22 school year. Once given direction, it will be posted on this website.
- Each student must register on athleticclearance.com and fill out information on medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
ELIGIBILITY PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Forms Needed Annually
- Please visit the Athletic Clearance Website to register for all Salinas High School sports. The site opens June 1, 2021.
- IMPACT Base Line testing (CONCUSSION TESTING) must be done every two years. All incoming freshmen student athletes (Class of 2025), Juniors (class of 2023), and students/athletes new to Salinas High School or Sophomores and Seniors that have not played a sport will need to take the IMPACT test. Students, not parents must contact Coach Hunsdorfer at firstname.lastname@example.org after June 1 and he will send the link for IMPACT Testing. This test is done online and can only be sent to a student email address.
- A physical must be done every 12 months. Prior to visiting your family physican, you will need the Participation Physical Form. On campus physicals will not be offered at Salinas High School. If you are playing a Fall Sport, it is important to get your physical scheduled early as the Doctors offices will more than likely be busy.
- Physicals are available at Balance Physical Therapy for $25. Call 422-4782 to schedule an appointment. Please take our physical form with you,
- Free Physicals are avaiable at either MLK Family Resource Center or Alisal Family Resource Center. SVMH also offers free physicals at Alvarez High School every Tuesday from 2:30-6.
- Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty or your private physician. Please take our physical form with you.
- Extracurricular Contract Meetings are no longer held on campus. These meeting will be done virtually. Once this meeting is all set up, notice will be sent. All incoming Freshmen and incoming Sophomores must attend this meeting as well as new athletes in the incoming Junior and Senior classes.