Regular attendance plays a key role in the success of each student. Every teacher’s course syllabus outlines the consequences of excessive tardiness or truancies. Except for those students with off-campus privileges, all students must check out through the attendance office before leaving campus during school hours.
SUHSD Attendance Policy
Board Policy requires that a student maintain at least 85% attendance for the days enrolled in order to graduate and receive a diploma.
All schools are CLOSED CAMPUSES during the entire school day.
A student must receive a “Permit to Leave” at any time during the school day from the Attendance office or the absence may be marked invalid or truant.
Students are responsible to clear their absences.
Tardy Definition: A student who is not in the classroom when the bell rings will be marked tardy. (Individual teachers may impose stricter guidelines in course outline that define a tardy such as, but not limited to, being in their assigned seat when the bell rings).
- Assignment to lunch or after school detention.
- Parent notified by teacher.
- Unsatisfactory Citizenship given for the quarter at Tardy #4, (per teacher guidelines).
- Teacher writes a referral, notifies administration of previous consequences and contact.
- Parent notified.
Tardy 11 ~ Administrative Interventions...
- Week of after school or lunch detention.
- Students will be picked up from 4th or 6th period class, or teacher may walk student to detention center.
Tracking of tardies starts over at the beginning of each quarter.