Mount Toro Student Non-negotiable Policies for ALL Students
1. Credits = Attendance (no more than two absences) + Completion and positive participation in class + Assessments with passing grade
- 0-2 Absences = All credits possible during learning cycle
- 3-4 Absences = One less credit (-1)
- 5-6 Absences = Two less credits (-2)
- More than six absences =Zero credits for the grading cycle
2. Dress Code – District Policy
3. Electronic Devices in classroom for educational purposes only
4. Make-up Attendance & work will be completed during a period 6 class. Attendance make-up requires three 6th periods = 1 day attendance make-up. You must sign up and reserve a seat for your attendance make-up.
Mount Toro Technology Policy
– All phones, IPods and other technology need to be put on silent and put away.
– All headphones need to be put away.
– All backpacks and purses off the desks and tables.
– No charging of technology on campus.
Violation may lead to discipline referral.
Intervention / Make-Ups
The purpose on Intervention is for students to make-up time and assignments they missed due to being absent from class. In order for students to receive full credits, students can only have 2 absences per learning cycle.
Credits = Attendance (no more than two absences) + Completion and positive participation in class + Assessments with passing grade
- 0-2 Absences = full credits
- 3-4 Absences = -1 credit
- 5-6 Absences = -2 credits
- 7+ Absences = 0 credits
Criteria for Intervention:
- For students to make-up 1 full day (Homeroom - 5th period) they must attend 3 days of Intervention during 6th period.
- Each day a student makes-up, it counts for 2 periods. Example, Homeroom & 1st period, 2nd and 3rd period or 4th and 5th period.
- Students are only allowed to make-up 1 hour per day (2 periods).
- Make-ups are made during 6th period with Mrs. V. (room 3).
- No double dipping: Students may not make-up time while enrolled in an ongoing class.
- Detention does not count for make-up.
Exceptions – With prior approval from all parties, students may make–up time with
- School Counselor, EL Specialist or another teacher.
- Please provide documentation to Ms. Ortiz for verification.