Eligibility for Sports
Students must meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Eligibility will include academic and citizenship standards. Ineligibility will be in effect until grades are issued after the end of the next quarter grade. Students ineligible during the fourth (4th) quarter will remain ineligible for the first (1st) quarter of the next school year. The following list represents the eligibility requirements to participate on sport's teams at Harden Middle School.
Academic- students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and no more than 1 “F”
Citizenship- students may have a maximum of 1 "U" to remain eligible
In addition, each student wishing to participate in after school sports is required to attend one Extracurricular Contract signing each year along with a parent and to complete and
sign the contract.
Each student must also complete an eligibility packet that contains proof of medical insurance. If any student does not have proof of insurance, supplemental insurance is available to purchase through a private company. Information is available at the school site. To sign up online please visit Myers-Stevens Medical Insurance.
Eligibility Packet Requirements
Forms Needed Annually
1. Students must attend a Sports contract virtual meeting. Please see the dates below. Spots contract info.
2. Sports physicals will be a recommendation this year at the Middle School level . Prior to visiting your family physician, you will need the Participation Physical Form. Physicals are also available at your nearest Doctors on Duty. Please take our physical form with you.
3. Sports Contract Meeting (Must have a student athlete and adult guardian present for the entire meeting)
This is a virtual meeting. Get the meet link on your students' Google Classroom for sports. The meeting starts at 6:30 pm. You will not be allowed in the meeting, if you are later than 6:35 pm. The student computer must stay linked on to Google classroom for the entire meeting and answer the questions at the end of the meeting.
(Fall Sports) August 22, 2022
(Winter Sports) November 1, 2022
(Spring Sports) January 31, 2023
Forms Needed Per Season
1. Signature Sheet with signatures from Library, Text Book, and Finance Office.
2. Last page from athleticclearance.com with parent and athlete signature.