Appropriate dress is necessary for the healthy, safe and undisturbed operation of school and classes.
The following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities. Students’ attire should be neat and clean.
The following ARE NOT permitted:
- Bare feet; shoes must be worn at all times.
- See-through or fishnet fabrics, halter-tops, off-theshoulder or low-cut tops and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh, bare midriffs (the stomach area should not be exposed). Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times.
- Strapless tops; torn or ragged clothing.
- Apparel, jewelry or accessory that contains profanity or obscenity, or references promoting the use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- Clothing that disrupts the effective functioning of the school.
- Apparel, jewelry, accessory, notebook, or manner of grooming that, by virtue of its color arrangement, trademark or any other attribute, are specifically identifiable as belonging to a disruptive group or gang.
- Hats/Caps/Sunglasses, except as required for health or safety purposes and approved by the administration.
In accordance with Education Code 35183.5, students may wear articles of sun protective clothing including hats, caps, and visors. Other head coverings are not permitted. Students will be allowed to wear such clothing outdoors only. Clothing and hats/caps determined to be gang related or inappropriate are prohibited.