TAKING CARE OF YOUR CHROMEBOOK
Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook they have been issued by their school.
A. General Precautions
1. The Chromebook is school property and all users will follow this policy and the Acceptable Use Policy for technology.
2. Only use a clean, soft cloth to clean the screen. DO NOT USE cleansers of any type.
3. Cords, cables, and thumb drives must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook to prevent damage.
4. Chromebooks and cases must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, labels, etc. (these devices are property of the Salinas Union High School district).
5. Never leave the Chromebooks unattended or unsecured.
6. Do not sit items on top of Chromebook.
7. Take it home every day and store in a safe and secure place.
8. Never leave device in a place that is experiencing extreme hot or cold conditions!!!
9. Never give your passwords to anyone other than your parents/guardians. This practice will help make the your information more secure.
B. Carrying the Chromebooks
1. The protective cases provided with the Chromebooks protect the devices for the general everyday use.
2. It is recommended to carry the case in a backpack/bag/case carefully that has other heavy books or other objects that could cause damage to the Chromebook.
C. Screen Care
1. Do not place anything on your case that could put pressure on the screen.
2. Do not lean on the screen at any time.
D. Asset Tags
1. All Chromebooks will be labeled with a S/N asset tag. The asset tag indicates the Chromebook is property of the Salinas Union High School District and provides information that allows us to determine the name of the student to which the specific Chromebook has been assigned.
2. Asset tags may not be modified or tampered with in any way.
3. Students may be charged up to the full replacement cost of a Chromebook for tampering with an asset tag or turning in a Chromebook without an asset tag.